120 Hour Online TESOL Course
Our 120 Hour Online TESOL Course is the most well-rounded online TESOL course available today. With this course, which is widely requested by language schools and institutes worldwide, 1,000s of our graduates have found work teaching English abroad and opened up new career avenues around the globe.
The course thoroughly grounds you in the most important teaching skills and helps you maximize employment opportunities through four specialist training modules, online video practice and a 20 hour Grammar Awareness Module.
To put it simply, our 120 Online TESOL Course equips you with all the skills you need to be a confident, effective English teacher to non-native speakers abroad or at home. This high-level TESOL certificate is the best choice for teachers looking to work overseas, wishing to study where and when they want, in the case that they can’t make it to one of the classroom TESOL courses we run across North America.
Looking for a TEFL Course?
TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) and TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages) refer to exactly the same thing – teaching English abroad! So if you’re looking for a TEFL course, you’re in the right place – our TESOL courses will qualify you to teach English as a foreign language and are recognized by TEFL employers around the world.
Upgrade Your TESOL Course
The only way to get a more comprehensive TESOL course than this is to add on a 20 Hour Classroom TESOL Course and turn it into a 140 Hour Combined TESOL Course. Upgrade at any time by calling us on 1877-526-3959.
What is included in the 120 Hour Online TESOL Course ?
What’s Covered on the Grammar Awareness Module?
Our Grammar Awareness Module provides a fun, in-depth grammar brush up course specifically designed to help you understand and effectively communicate key grammar principles to your students.
- Module 1: The Nuts and Bolts of English (5 hours) Begin your grammar review with a look at common grammar terminology, including word classes and parts of speech.
- Module 2: English Tense Forms (5 hours) How are verb forms constructed to communicate the past, present and future? Learn the difference between the continuous, perfect and conditional forms.
- Module 3: English Tense Functions (5 hours) In this module you’ll learn how tenses use time references and how the same tense can serve various functions.
- Module 4: Vocabulary and Phonology (5 hours) In the final module you’ll focus on the sonic aspects of English words. Discover their unique sounds, forms of pronunciation, spelling and, most importantly, how you can categorize them to help students learn effectively.
40 Hour Specialist TESOL Certificates
Our specialist modules are specifically designed by our expert TESOL tutors to provide training to fulfill the varying needs of learners and language schools worldwide.
- Teaching with Limited Resources (10 hours) Finding materials to teach in developing countries can be challenging. This module helps you offer effective English lessons with only basic resources.
- Teaching English to Young Learners (10 hours) Teaching young children between the ages of six and 12 is especially rewarding. This module provides you with essential skills to keep kids motivated, having fun, and coming back for second helpings of English.
- Teaching Large Classes (10 hours) Classes in some parts of the world, such as Asia, can be as large as 30 to 100 students. This pragmatic course will give you the skills you need to step into your first large class.
- Teaching English One-to-One (10 hours) One of the best ways to grow your English teaching income is with private lessons. Discover how to tailor your lessons to best meet your individual students' needs.
- Teaching Business English (10 hours) Many learners throughout the world need to hone their English for specific business situations. This module will help you develop students’ communication skills for business and other specific settings, as well as provide you with the tools to enter this extremely lucrative market.
- How to Teach Audio and Video Lessons (10 hours) Engage your students with all the trappings of the 21st century. This module focuses on employing audiovisual materials in order to engage your students and keep your school on the cutting edge.
What’s Covered in the 60 Hour Online TESOL Course?
Our 60 Hour Online TESOL Course contains 13 interactive modules, taking you from the basics of teaching English to speakers of other languages, right up to developing your own lesson plans.
- Module 1: Student Motivation, Teacher Roles and TESOL Methods
- Module 2: Classroom Management and Student Levels
- Module 3: An Introduction to English Grammar
- Module 4: How to Teach Grammar
- Module 5: How to Teach Vocabulary
- Module 6: How to Teach Pronunciation
- Module 7: Mistake Correction and Feedback
- Module 8: How to Teach Speaking and Writing
- Module 9: How to Teach Listening and Reading
- Module 10: Lesson Planning
- Module 11: Games and Activities
- Module 12: Cultural Awareness in the Classroom
- Module 13: Finding Work